NSFAS Accredited Accommodation
Student Life – upgraded for 2022
Kingsway Place is accredited and recognised for UJ, NSFAS, and WITS Students.
Kingsway Place offers premium students accommodation and is a student safe haven with a unique hospitality approach to service, for total peace of mind. Conveniently located to UJ, WITS, shops, and with cool student hangout spots right on the doorstep.
Great quality & fully furnished single rooms offer a private space for studying and recharging, comfortable communal areas offer a social space to share ideas and experiences with other students, laundry facilities, Wi-Fi, and direct access to the landlord ensure that you don’t stress about the necessities but rather focus on your studies.
This 2022 students can look forward to a whole host of upgraded features and unrivaled benefits like a FREE bus to WITS, street security to campus, mini soccer, a mini PC lab, and emergency generators to name but a few.
A place that’s safe and stylish
A place to study hard
A place that’s close to campus
A place to call home
Student living in a Great Location
750m from UJ Kingsway & Bunting Road Campus
- Corner of Kingsway Avenue and Cookham Road
- Walking distance to WITS and UJ
- Across from Campus Square
New in 2022
Power & Water
A place to chill with friends
A place that’s central
A place to recharge
What to expect
Fully furnished single occupancy rooms
4 single bedrooms sharing a fully functional kitchen and bathroom
Common lounges with TV, DSTV and couches
Games room with TV, foosball table and pool table
Interactive study area for individual and group studying
Bio-metric access, CCTV & 24/7 security
Cleaning service, in-house maintenance & building manager
Wi-Fi & laundry available
Upgrade your student living
Find the perfect room
Kingsway Place offers 173 four-bedroom units measuring between 55m² and 65m². Each bedroom is a single fully furnished room, measuring 8m².
The bedrooms are furnished with a single bed plus mattress, double storage built-in cupboard, desk and chair, bookshelves, and bin.
The four students living in the unit will have their own fully functional kitchen equipped with lockers, a four plate hob, a microwave, and a fridge, as well as a table and chairs for eating and enjoying meals. And each four-bedroom unit will also have their own ablutions – shower, toilet, and basin. The Kingsway Place set-up allows for the perfect balance between privacy and communal living.
2022 Rental Rates
- Only Single Rooms
PRIVATE Funded Students:
- Special on 11 Months Leases – APPLY NOW!
- 10 Month Leases Available
- Upfront payment required – before moving in
- Private and Other Bursar funded students ONLY R500 Deposit
- **Electricity of R200, Water, 4x Laundry tokens & 30GIG WIFI Data included.
NSFAS Bursary Holders
NO DEPOSIT PAYABLE
- UJ NSFAS Rental – Single – R5500 per month
- WITS NSFAS Rental – Single – R5500 per month
- Open parking – R400/Bay per month
**Included in the rent:
- Includes R200.00 per month electricity – thereafter pre-paid**
- Includes water
- 30GIG Free Wi-fi p/m included**
- 4 Laundry Tokens included**
Optional uncapped available at R1,600 per annum (R800 per Semester)
- Admin Fee ONLY R500 (incl VAT) upfront to secure the booking (Non-refundable)
- Student Community Fee of R150.00 – non-compulsory
- First month’s rent paid upfront before moving in
- Rental period from February to November OR March to December 2022
**Terms & Conditions Apply
A place where students thrive
Why Kingsway Place is perfect for your kid
- Kingsway Place offers premium student accommodation that supports privacy within a vibrant student community
- We offer a FREE bus to WITS
- It’s 500m from the UJ Auckland Park entrance, so there’s no need to travel
- It offers street security to campus and back
- A fantastic, safe environment with 24/7 security and access control
- Premium offerings like air-conditioning, TV, games and study rooms, safe and secure parking, and a laundry facility
- Right across the road from Campus Square for convenient shopping and restaurants
- Close to the Rea-Vaya bus system
- On-site building manager to take care of any emergencies
- Emergency generators and back-up water
- And a great, supportive atmosphere for your child to thrive